Kids Karate (ages 6 – 12)
As a traditional dojo, Shoshin Karate-Do insists on high standards and seriousness that precludes training for children under the age of 6. Children aged 6-11; however, are expected to train with utmost diligence while observing the strict codes of etiquette inherent in traditional forms of budo. The classes here are meant to instruct, not entertain. Emphasis is placed on stances, basics, and manners, further requiring the student to focus throughout the hour long class. As sensei, I can quite confidently boast the best students, the most well mannered, and the most serious when it comes to their training.
What are the potential benefits of Shoshin Karate-Do for your kids?
- An increase in ability for self-defense
- An increase in discipline and manners
- An increase in body coordination (hand/eye and body/mind)
- An increase in focus
- An increase in self confidence
- An increase in self awareness